CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, July 27, 2008

Seven months later

Here is the picture I took when I was in Ethiopia in December. She was two months old.



When we started this process, things went so fast and smooth. We got our dossier done in a month and got a referral a week later. We thought we might even have her home by March which would have been 5 months from start to finish. Crazy.

As I'm sure you all know, our luck kind of ran out after that and the last few months have been very hard, not because it is taking long in the grand scheme of life, but because everyone else seemed to be passing court, traveling, bringing their kids home... And each week, we thought "this will be the week our luck will change". We were affectionately (and with a hint of pity I'm sure) known as old-timers.

Of course, now that I am traveling in less than three weeks, none of that seems important anymore. What is important is that we are going to bring our girl home soon and she seems very healthy and happy. And...

We just got some pictures from a traveling parent. Can you believe it? She's on the potty. She's only nine months old!

If our luck has returned, maybe they will have her fully potty trained by the time we arrive. LOL. However, from the sequence of events, it looks like they pretty much sat her on the potty as if it were a bumboo seat and left her there for a while. No idea if she went but, heh, it's a start.

I guess one of those potty seats should now be added to our shopping list.

Boy, we are in for a world of surprise; we had planned for a somewhat inert little baby and instead we're getting a mobile, smiling, laughing bundle of energy.

Not that I'm complaining.

9 comments:

Julie said...

Holy Crap!(hehe)
She is adorable. I am so happy that it is finally your turn.

Lisa said...

Luv that pic :-) Maybe she can teach Zaela a thing or two!

SisterMom said...

I showed it to Addis and berated her for being such a slacker and peeing in her pants still!!!

ellerbee eight said...

OMG! She is adorable. I bet you are just going crazy waiting to kiss on those cheeks! I am thrilled for you! I cannot wait to hear is she's as loud and bossy as all the other baby girls that have home!

Rebecca said...

And a BEAUTIFUL bundle of energy she is! I'm SO happy that it's finally your turn. And I'll get to see the little cutie in person since I travel the week before you! Rebecca

Chris said...

LOL I was looking at the pictures from Lisa and was saying to myself. " That can't be Fiori!!!" sHE IS TOO YOUNG TO BE SITTING ON A POTTY :) Well I better buy a potty also for Ava she is almost 8 months old now DUH.
BTW Fiori is still the most beautiful baby . OOps sorry Ava ;)

Rebecca said...

Go Fiori! I think you should come up this way so that that Fiori can teach Ava a thing or two!!!
That girl is so cute....I'm so excited for you!!!

Laurie said...

I think I'm in love with Fiori, she's so darn adorable! Congrats again to you and the rest of the "old-timers!"

SisterMom said...

when we were waiting to board in DC a very nice Ethiopian lady came up to us and asked if we had started potty training addis. We said no and she looked at us like we were the worst people in the world!