CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, July 18, 2008

Happiest place on earth? Not so much.

We didn't make it through court again. I got a pretty early email message that made it sound like I was the only case that didn't make it through court today (of 6 cases). I of course start FREAKING OUT. What's wrong with my case? Am I ever going to get her? I'm starting to feel like throwing up. The saving grace was that if I was the only one, a couple other "old timers" made it including Lisa who has gone through much more than I.

So I call her ready to congratulate her. She hears the chipper sound of my voice and figures I must have made it. Turns out neither of us have. So now we think we are the only two who didn't make it and both of us are freaking out together since our cases seem to have some sort of link and both of us have been having so much trouble. Grace emails back and says nope, the only cases that passed today were the ones that were scheduled for Wednesday and had been pushed back to today. Ours are now pushed into next week sometime (Monday please).

Apparently a bunch of agencies are getting cases delayed due to an agency named Gladney. All of Gladney's cases were put on hold a while ago because they do a lot of work with an orphanage that was under investigation. So a number of folks have been in limbo for a while. This week they finally started hearing Gladney cases again. Great for them. Bad for us since their cases are pushing our cases out.

So we have a couple of new names for Gladney - Sadney, Badney, Madney. Take your pick, I'm not very happy with Gladney right now. Not their fault and their families have been waiting too but c'mon, we got our referral in December and we finally get our (2nd) day in court only to be delayed again.

On a brighter note, I did have a great day today with my friend Jeannette and her kids at Universal Studios. Totally kept my mind off my woes.

10 comments:

Julie said...

I am sorry to hear this. I thought for sure that you'd finally get through.

I used to tell people that I had 'Glenvy', Gladney envy because the kids are home so fast. I will wait and wait to avoid, what seems to be, some disturbing news about them.

Next week is your week!

Amy said...

Oh Nikko, I'm so sorry you got pushed back. I'll be praying that Monday is the day. You need to get that little chunky monkey HOME!!!!
Hang in there!
Amy

Lisa said...

Hello my fellow "Old Timer"! I am so glad you are making the most of The Happiest place on earth!!! This better be our LAST weekend of wonderering "WHEN????" Hang in there girl... we are just about to the finish line!!!!!!!!!! ((Hugs))

Chris said...

Nikko.
So sorry about last week news.
This week ( hopefully today ) you will have the great news you are waiting for for so long .
Hang it there , you will bring this little beauty home soon .
Chris

Jennifer said...

So sorry to hear you are delayed. I am a Gladney family and we have many families who have waited as long as you have and longer to pass court due to the delays and otherwise (all the while watching other agencies' families pass on a daily basis and celebrate their success). Unfortunately, there are no guarantees in international adoption and we all just have to ride it out. Good luck and I certainly hope you pass court soon.

graceling said...

Sadly, Gladney was not the only agency affected by the orphanage situation. Almost 50 children were in limbo for a month and a half and most of our families, as well as families with other agencies, were deprived of hope due to the way the situation was handled by the government.

If the government is now processing our cases ahead of yours, I am sorry for your delay, but of course, there is no way of knowing or influencing the way the Ethiopian governement is processing cases. Unfortunately, we, too, have families who reveived referrals in January and are still waiting on a word from the courts- some have had an original court date in February and still have not passed. Sadly, such is the unpredictable nature of international adoption.

I hope you pass court soon. I do think that court has committed to getting all of the cases through before closure if possible. Good Luck.

Anonymous said...

UGH!!!!

So sorry you got stuck again. I'm keeping all my fingers and toes crossed for your case to get through, already! Yeesh.

ellerbee eight said...

Nikko~

I am so sorry about your courtdate(s). I know you are devastated. I can't even begin to say that I understand how you feel. I have been praying for you and the others to get through... I have been quite obsessed with it actually. I will continue to pray for you, Matt and litle Fiori... you will all be together soon. I am not going to say all the cliche stuff that I usually say about timing and waiting and the purpose of it all ... it just sucks and I'm sorry.

I realized when I was looking for your info in the group site that you live in Berkeley... wouldn't be interested in adopting an 18 year old next year would you... so I can get in state tuition? She's a great babysitter... ha. That's Jordan's #1 choice by far... she lives, eats, drinks for UC Berkeley.
Stand firm and know that others are praying for you without ceasing.

ellerbee eight said...

Addendum to my previous comment... my daughter doesn't *drink* for UC Berkeley... like as in alcohol as the post would sound like... but well you know loves UC Berkeley... OK I'm going to stop now... I'm beginning to sound like I drink for UC Berkeley...

Bennett said...

Can't wait for the updated post, after reading you passed in court today, I ran w/my fingers :) to your blog to see if you had pics up. I'm so happy for you, you have waited long enough