CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, August 12, 2008

This girl better be worth it


Little know fact about me: I love, love, LOVE the Olympics.

For the two weeks that they are happening, I find it really hard to do much else. I stay up until the wee hours of the night watching and I have the broadcasts on TV during the day. I get weepy when I hear the US National anthem and I almost cried with the men won the 4x100 meter relay two nights ago. Actually, I did cry on watching it over again the next day; how sad is that?

I have thus far attended the Atlanta and Sydney Olympics. And I'm not talking "just happened to be there and went to an event" type attendance. I'm talking planned two years in advance, researched events, picked the most likely US medal events and had a jam packed week of constant Olympic sports. I saw several US golds awarded and rode on the local trains with the athletes. It was amazing! For some reason I didn't go to Athens and, well, you know why I am not in Beijing right now. And I will even miss the second half of the Olympics while I'm in Ethiopia picking up Fiori.

Is she worth it? Absolutely! Am I sad because I'll be missing one of my favorite spectacles. You bet.

I've already told Matt we are going to be in London about this time in 2012, Fiori in tow.

3 comments:

Amy said...

Hey there mom. I'm so glad I'm not the only Olympics junky. I've got one eye on the TV right now and even though I'm exhausted will stay up to watch our girls try to rally in gymnastics tonight.

Cant wait to hear about your trip to get your beautiful little chunky monkey (and yes....she is definitely worth it:))

Bennett said...

she is so worth it Nikko........and them some. I also can not wait to hear a/b your trip along w/your views on Emirates. I am heaing so many negative thoughts on ET AIR, that I may have to endure the layover in Dubai when it is my turn, and take Emirates

~holly said...

FYI: Phelps got his 8th gold medal!!! Nastia and Shawn go 1 & 2 in the Women's Gymnastics All-Around, Dara Torres(41 yrs) gets 3rd silver medal!