CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, August 18, 2008

The Eagle has landed.

Ok, maybe not the Eagle. But after a long, long, crazy, almost-comically ridiculous trip, Nikko and my mother touched down in Ethiopia this morning and picked up Fiori.


The first email arrived about 10:00. All it said was: "We made it. We have her. And she is amazing."

About an hour later I was on the phone listening to my daughter babble "da da da da da da" into the phone. Let me tell you, this girl is going to be a talker.

I'm ecstatic. Nikko's ecstatic. I didn't talk to my mother, but I know she's probably going baby overboard right now. She's finally a grandma. Nikko claims Fiori's only cried once "for about 3 seconds." I'm not counting on that lasting too long. Hopefully she fares well on the plane ride home.

The plan as I understand it is they're taking Fiori for a checkup tomorrow, then dropping off more donations before heading home. Which means I have 4 1/2 days left to get the cabinet locks installed and buy some Cheerios...

5 comments:

Rebecca said...

Yeah! I'm so happy for you! I saw your beautiful baby in Ethiopia last week, and she is AMAZING! Rebecca

Bennett said...

Wow how great!!! I worried a/b that group being there were so many twist and turns in thier travel plans. I can't wait to see pics.

Take care and thanks for giving us a update

Celeste

Chris said...

Thanks for the update :)
I am SO SO happy for you .
Can't wait to see pictures.

Amy said...

If she is like my little Ethiopian princess you may also want to invest in some earplugs:) We tease that she has 2 volumes....loud and louder:)

So very glad that your daughter is FINALLY coming home. She is such a cutie!

ellerbee eight said...

I can't wait to hear more about her! Have a safe trip home baby Fiori! Yeah!