CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, June 30, 2008

Back to worrying

Once we finally got a court date, I was able to breathe a sigh of relief and I have had a few relaxing weeks of not thinking too much about the adoption stuff or at least worrying about it. But here we are two days before our court date and all of us sharing the date are pretty much starting to freak out.

You see, many folks have not passed court on the actual day. Seems like more often than not they don't pass. There have been major issues (discovered a sibling in the picture that the family decided to adopt, missing a key piece of paperwork, rule changes...) and minor issues (govt. agency forgot to print out the approval, power outages, judge took the day off...). I hope we buck the trend and pass on the first day. For sanity sake, if we don't pass, I really hope it is something minor that will be corrected in a few days.

6 comments:

Julie said...

You'll make it! I've got my fingers crossed!

Bennett said...

Nikko I have my fingers crossed and your family are included in my nighly prayers........

celeste

Lisa said...

Hey Nikko! I am right there with you girl! Here is to a successful courtdate and having that pizza and beer together in ET:)))
Since Hermela and Fiori are already little pals,, it sure would be nice to fly them to California together!!!!!!!!!

Chris said...

Nikko, I am crossing my fingers and thinking about you guys for a sucessfull sorry about the spelling . I am french remember:) ok a succesfull court date. I can't wait and counting with you. I did pass the first time for baby Ava :) You will too :) Fiori need to be home with you .
Hugs

Chris said...

Nikko I am feeling and thinking the same way! I will be praying extra hard today. Better get my knee pads out, I have a feeling I might just need to stay on them all day!
Hang in there!
Christine

ellerbee eight said...

Any news? We are praying for all of the families getting in under the wire!