CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, June 6, 2008

No news yet

Despite my pessimistic outlook, I was really hoping to have news of an actual court date this week. Well, seeing as it is now 2 am in Ethiopia, I don't think we'll be getting any news today - boo. The four of us in my agency that were filed together have a bet going on which day we would get notified of our court date. Since I chose today, I've already lost. :-(

The bet was local beers and Ethiopian pizza when we go to pick up our kids. I'm not quite sure though how it works with four people in on the bet - does the winner buy for everyone or does everyone else buy for the winner? Who cares, I'll happily buy for the whole restaurant if it means I'm in Addis picking up our baby girl.

We have another bet going on which day will be our actual court date. We've all chosen within the range of June 30-July 7 although I'm secretly hoping it will be earlier. Hey, you can't fault a girl for hoping!

2 comments:

Lisa said...

Hi Nikko! Well, I say all the non-winners each owe a pizza and a round of local beers. That way the winner gets a round from everyone!! :-)
I really hope we get some good news on Monday, I know we both need it!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on being pessimistic! :-) Hopefully Lisa is correct and you both will be getting some good news soon!