CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, June 19, 2008

Blast from the past, aka Jellies make a comeback

I may be dating myself but I remember Jellies well. They weren't quite as cool as Kangaroos but they were the cheap footwear of choice when I was a young kid and came in a variety of soda pop "flavors".

So I'm on Facebook and a banner ad pops up adverstising Kate Spade jellies. I normally ignore banner ads but in this case I just had to look. Yep, sure enough, Kate Spade has a line that includes several styles of jellies. Alas, at $60 (for plastic shoes, yikes!), they are no longer a cheap choice and they also don't come in cool colors like grape soda, 7-up and root beer.

Now I'm remembering all the cool toys I used to play with and I'm thinking we should start a retro toy collection for Fiori. These are some items that pop into my mind. What other toys do you remember?

  • Sit n Spin
  • Baby Alive
  • Holly Hobby oven/Betty Crocker microwave
  • Light Bright
  • Hula hoop
  • Big Wheel/Green Machine
  • Spyro-Gyro

4 comments:

Amy said...

What a blast from the bast Nikko!!!! Had every one of those things on your list. Feelin really old right now though:)
Amy

Sandee said...

Chatty Cathy Doll, tinkertoys (probably a baby hazard, huh?), pink stinkray bike with a banana seat (for those elementary years), twister for her teen years, lincoln logs (even girls like 'em)

Although, on the new toy front, Littlest Pet Shop toys are a big hit with both the boys and girls in my house.

Love the jellies...but don't they make for sweaty little feet?

Bennett said...

what a/b jax......I loved this game, we sound around the same age and I pretty much had all those things on your list......

wow.......
Celeste

Lisa said...

Paper dolls and a slinky!?!