CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, February 12, 2008

The next Danica Patrick

Some of you know I have an affection for cars. My first date in elementary school was to an auto show (my choice), I meticulously put together model cars in my teens, I used to do my own brakes and change the belts on my 1967 Ford Mustang convertible in high school, and until I succumbed to practicality and bought a Prius (gasp), I've driven mostly sports cars and specifically fast convertibles.


This is what I used to roll in - a BMW M3 convertible but mine had red leather interior. Yeah. It was sweet.





And to the right is how I roll now. Not quiet as cool.

I have to admit I like my little Prius but only because it has more gadgets than my M3: voice activated bluetooth and navigation, push button starter, automatic unlocking of doors as soon as I put my hand on the door handle...and it gets no less than 40 mpg (the BMW was 16). If it handled a bit better and came in a convertible, I wouldn't miss my M3 one bit.

But given my love of cars and my desire to set her on the appropriate path towards transportation righteousness. I bought her this since one of us has to have a convertible. Yeah. It's sweet.

1 comment: