CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, February 1, 2008

I forgot to mention another new addition


Meet Kona, my new horse. She arrived here a few weeks ago from Kentucky via Oregon where she hung out for a few months awaiting an opening at our local stable. She is an eight year old Kentucky Mountain Saddle Horse which means she is gaited.
What is gaited you ask. It means that if you are riding her properly, she doesn't trot. That's right, there's no bouncing around on your sensitive parts. I haven't tried it but they say you can ride around with a filled wine glass and not spill even while going fast.


And despite living in the city and less than twenty minutes from SF (sans traffic), there is a great stable less than 15 minutes from my house with acres and acres of riding trails. And they also have a decent indoor arena so I can ride despite all this rain we're having. I love the Bay Area.

No comments: