CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Bittersweet

This weekend my friends put on a baby shower for Fiori. It was really nice to see foks I don't get to see that often. And since everyone has been having boys, they were all so excited to finally be able to buy for a girl. I tell you, girl's stuff is so cute and Fiori is going to be way better dressed than I am...which isn't really saying much.

The funniest was that I decided to show up pregnant and stuffed a deflated playground ball in my shirt. My friend Christina saw it and was so startled that she took a misstep, tripped on the stairs and sent her glass of wine flying all over the floor, herself and several wrapped gifts. Come on, it hasn't been that long since we've seen each other.

Look what Uncle Andrew got for Fiori. Being that I have a new horse I of course got a kick out of it. Makes real horse sounds and the head and tail move. Cute!


I tell you, everyone should wait until older to have kids as all the friends have more money to spend on gifts. We're totally set for Fiori.

Shortly after I returned from the festivities, we learned that Fiori is in the hospital with pneumonia. Rhonda is in Ethiopia picking up her little girl and went to visit Fiori in the hospital. They have our poor baby hooked up to an IV in her head. Rhonda said she would go back today and try to talk to the doctor to get the full scoop but they are definitely planning on keeping her there a couple more days and I can only hope she is on the mend. Waiting on pins and needles for news from Rhonda who is probably in a deep sleep right not. C'mon Rhonda, wake up and email. I can't tell you how hard it is to be 9000 miles away from your sick baby and unable to do anything about it.

1 comment:

habesha child said...

Oh I'm so sorry to hear little Fiori is sick and in the hospital! That is indeed pretty scary. But it sounds like she is getting good care. And I'm sure she'll be just fine.

(My little one was very sick from pneumonia, too, and had a full recovery.)