CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, November 12, 2007

Minor wrench in the works

Just after I sent off the application to the government, got folks to agree to write reference letters and signed the numerous application forms, I get a letter saying that our homestudy agency is closing its doors in December. I experienced a moment of panic while trying to asses what this meant and whether we would need to start over. Luckily, all the social work staff is going to a new local agency where we can transfer our file to. Hopefully, we'll have the homestudy completed before the transfer takes place so won't be affected until post-adoption.

1 comment:

Ming said...

Congratulations! Wish I could join you in Ethiopia...maybe next time. The highlands are supposed to be really beautiful and if you can, try to check out the rock-hewn churches at Lalibela which date back to the 12th century. Amazing! Also, I do have an Ethiopian friend. She is very sweet and I'm sure she would make herself available for advice, etc.