CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, November 26, 2007

Are you kidding me? Part 2

So I was on a roll. I had our application completed, I was ready to take it to the state this week to have it certified, send it to DC to have the US and Ethiopian governments go over it and hand carry it with me to Ethiopia. Today I find out that we need yet another set of fingerprints - the same fingerprints we got 3 weeks ago but the results instead need to be sent directly to us rather than the homestudy agency. Had we known this, we would have done this at the same time and would already have the clearance letter. Now it is going to be another week if we're lucky and is looking doubtful I can take the dossier with me to Ethiopia. Grrr... Now I see why this process can take so long since there is always "one more thing" that needs to be done.

We're having the debate about age and sex. Matt prefers a boy and I prefer a girl. I'm thinking 2 years old (close to potty training age, right?) but we feel it would probably be better to adopt a child under a year old so we can experience the magical time when they start to develop personalities even if we have to put up with the not so magical time of extensive diaper changing and sleepless nights. You've got to go through it once, right? Gives you more of a chance to bond (i.e. commiserate) with all your other friends who are parents and had to go through it. I notice though that parents who are adopting after already having at least one seem to go for the older kids. Hmm, what do they know that we don't?

No comments: