CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, May 8, 2009

She's official!


Fiori's adoption is all finalized. She is now officially ours really truly ours and had her name changed from the old name of Fiyory Nika Lindlay (huh?).

First order of the day - order a passport cuz ya know we've got to travel. And apparently we will get a new birth certificate sometime before her 18th birthday.

FYI, the judge in Oakland sees all adoptions on Friday morning each week. He has fought tooth and nail to keep the docket as it is his favorite day. Never thought about it but I guess it is one of the few times folks walk in happy to be going to court.


5 comments:

Josh said...

Congrats! And what's her new, official name?

Anonymous said...

CONGRATS!!!
ROFLOL about getting new BC before she is 18!
we came home Aug 2007 and just got the girls BC from CA and they both were wrong!
Wrong birth year for me and them!

Kathleen
K and D embassy date May 20

Anonymous said...

yay! Congratulations - that's a big one to get checked off the list. Wonderful to be official.

Unknown said...

congratulations nikko
kim

Lisa said...

YaY!!! Congrats! FYI,,I navigated my way through to an agent at Vital Records just today and they said my request was received in March and I should have her Delayed Record of Birth Certificate within a month! I will have to see it to believe it! I will let you know!