CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Doin the do



Fiori's hair is growing. And I have been kindly reminded (usually by my black friends) on several occasions that I will need to learn how to do her hair. This is true. I am particularly lazy with my hair - basically wash, spritz with gel, drag a brush through it and then I am done. I know this will not be the case for Fiori and now that her hair is getting longer, it is prone to get nappy. Argh.

I have all the hair products so no worries there but try to do her hair and that girl will scream - even if I KNOW it doesn't hurt her. I put her hair in puffs this weekend but we were in a hurry to get out the door and I was really embarrassed that my parts weren't straight. Later on, I stuck her in front of Sesame Street (which she loves) and tried to redo the parts. I put lots of conditioner in, used the soft brush and a chopstick to part. Yep, she screamed bloody murder. But I got it done (although my mom pointed out that my last part wasn't all that straight - thanks mom!).
Hopefully her hair will grow long enough so that I can do braids and not have to brush it out every day.




5 comments:

Chris said...

Nikko, Fiori is just too cute :)
I think thta you did a great job with her hair. I am nit looking forward to do Ava's hair :(

Lisa said...

Not that is says much, but you get an A+ in my book! LOL It looks great,,,can you come give me some tips???

Anonymous said...

OMG, so so cute. Please tell me you will teach me how to do this. Elsa's short do will someday soon require that I learn!

ellerbee eight said...

Ah, She looks adorable! I think your parts look great!

Rebecca said...

I think it looks great! The little puffs are easy -- it's the parting the hair that's hard! I've done both of our girls' har in this style, and it takes a while.