CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, December 26, 2008

Best Christmas gift ever.

One year ago we had just arrived in Zanzibar. I checked my email to find out that Fiori was going to be our daughter.


For those of you who don't know, we had a honeymoon in Africa during Christmas 2007. I went a bit early and took a side trip to Ethiopia where I met Fiori for the first time. I fell in love instantly but I wouldn't even hold her. You see, there were several people from our agency waiting for infants at the same time and I didn't want to get attached as I had no idea who would be selected by our agency to be our child. Luckily, they chose her for us and the rest is happy history.

4 comments:

T & M Twigg said...

Hey Nikko, I have a picture of Maegan in that same outfit.lol
Hope all is going well for you guys.

Nikko and Matt said...

Funny. Yep, a lot of the Hope babies seem to share the outfits. Zaela and Fiori seem to be in the same outfits on multiple occasions although when we went to pick them up, Zaela was 5 pounds heavier. They seemed to have dressed Fiori in about 18 layers so she was wearing a 2T shirt even though she was only 18 pounds.

Aimee said...

Happy anniversary

Chris said...

OMG I do remember Christmas 2007.
We got Ava's referral also :)
What a great gift.
Happy anniversary . Fiori looks so good and healthy .