CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, December 3, 2007

Hah, hah, the joke's on me

So I thought I was sending off the dossier today, huh? Very funny. I went over to pick up the homestudy and the social worker casually mentioned that I must be on the way to city hall before heading to the state department offices on Golden Gate Ave.

What's this you say? City hall? Why would I go there?

Oh, didn't you know that each of the notary signatures needs to be certified at the county level before being taken to the state? (before being taken to the US govt before being taken to the Ethiopian Embassy)

Umm, no.

Seems in SF they don't have the same database that Sacramento does (go figure) so I've got to make trips to line up at the Alameda, Contra Costa and SF County county clerk offices before I head back to the state department in SF. Or I can drive to Sacramento, hand in everything, and wait around for a while until they hand it all back.

Sacramento it is. Tomorrow. I still might make it if the East Coast ice storm doesn't delay the process.

1 comment:

ferenge mama said...

Just found your blog and thought i'd say hi, and a fellow SF Bay Area Ethio adopter.

As for the paper chase: Gah! The certifications and legalizations and apostilles and blessings never seem to end. but they (eventually) will, and very soon your dossier will be off!