CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Had to be part of it

So I am sitting there at around 6 pm with Fiori watching news of the election and I start thinking "how lame, I am here with no one to share other than Fiori who is more interested in her spoon".

I call my mom who is a trade union activist (she nearly got arrested earlier in the day as a poll watcher) and she says to come to Downtown Oakland where her union has some reserved tables at the local (hopefully) victory party. So as soon as Matt gets home, I high tail it down there, manage to find a parking spot and rush in to the convention center just after they announce the results. Everyone is hugging, crying, cheering. My mom and I both have tears in our eyes; it was such an amazing night to be a part of.


After Obama's speech, we spill out into the streets to the sounds of cars honking, victory cheers and a spirit of optimism.
And now we don't have to move to Canada/Australia.

Ok, now back to Fiori posts.

1 comment:

amyjohnson said...

AAwwwwww, come on. It's WONDERFUL news, but you still don't have kangaroos over there. Isn't it still a little bit tempting?