CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Glued to the television

So I had to leave for a few minutes to go pick Fiori up from day care. As I pulled up into my driveway, I heard a group cheer coming from a house above mine. What did I miss? I would say it was Obama getting a projected win but I couldn't quite tell which house it was coming from. You see, I live in a VERY democratic area. However, my across the street neighbor happens to have probably the only McCain/Palin sign I've seen in our whole city. But since they are in their 70s and hardly ever leave, I don't think they are hosting a results party.

I have to admit I'm pretty emotional about the whole thing. I feel like we are on the cusp of a historical moment - not just because our next president will likely be black but because I can feel the potential for change. I was pretty upset at the last two elections and kept threatening to move overseas. I am totally ready to do so this go around should things go not as expected except I have no money anymore due to our lousy economy. But how cool is it for Fiori to be home in the USA for this momentous occasion. Too bad she is not old enough to understand it. The girl is not paying any attention whatsover to the results on TV.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The slide shows are great. Fiori is just so expressive.