CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, April 29, 2008

I'm not sure that I even want to write this...

but for those one or two of you that are following this blog, I guess it is easier to spread the news this way than remembering to write individually. I can't say the news is bad per se but it is also, once again, not good.

I had a deep and meaningful with the director of our adoption agency and despite thinking getting a court day would be "any day now" for the last two months, it is now an issue of "we have no idea when".

The issues appear to be numerous but include: 1) the fact that she didn't have papers to begin with, 2) she arrived from an orphanage that was not licensed to work in Addis (unbeknownst to the director), 3) they thought they had it solved but then the Ministry of Women's Affairs changed requirements and they have to obtain something else, 4) their contact at the local police department who was helping them obtain the "something else" went out on maternity leave, 5) stuff just works slow there.

I am not sure what there is to do or if anything can be done other than to wait it out. If I thought it would do any good, I would fly over there since I am an A-personality problem solver type.

The two biggest fears now are 1) the courts close for several months for the rainy season sometime in July or August. I wasn't even thinking about this since it was so far off and surely Fiori would be home way before then, and 2) what if after waiting and waiting and waiting, she turns out to be unadoptable. The director didn't think it was a matter of if but rather when. But then again, he also thought she would be home before summer.

ARRRRRGGGGGG!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh how incredibly frustrating! I'm so sorry your process is stuck in this morass.

The court shutdown is usually in August/Sept I believe, so there is still a good deal of time between now and then.

I'm crossing fingers and toes for you.

amyjohnson said...

Thanks for the update, even if the news isn't the best. Loads of us are waiting with you... you are not alone. We will keep our positive thoughts and energies headed your way as you wade though all of this. Wish we could do more, but for now we will be here hoping everything turns around to go quickly and snag-free from this point. Good luck!

Aimee said...

So sorry to hear of your hold ups. A lady in my agency had a similiar problem with a referral from an orphanage that had that problem. I hope everythign works out fo ryou and little Fiori.

Chris said...

Nikko .
I am so sorry to hear this!
I know that you want your baby home NOW. Again I am sorry and sending you some positive thoughts.
Chris

~holly said...

Nikko! Oh my! I'll say a prayer for you! And to think PAPs think all the stress is gone after that dossier is complete...

Julie said...

Hi Nikko-
Thanks for your comment on my blog. I am sorry you are having these difficulties. How frustrating. I can't imagine waiting so long AFTER knowing who Fiori is. I hope that she is in your arms very soon.

P.s Extremely cute pups! We, too, had three until last year. What would we do without our dogs?!

Amber said...

Nikko, I am so sorry. Have you gotten any news since you wrote this?