Monday, March 16, 2009
- Calling my husband or any man other than my dad "Daddy". Seems that Fiori has been picking up everything we say now and has been calling out Matt instead of Daddy. So I'm making a point to try to call him Daddy when she is around. Must be careful not to throw in "Sugar" or "Big" before Daddy.
- Buying a bunch of cutesy outfits that include pink. I am so not a major fashionista and really not into pink. But the clothes for girls are just so damned cute that sometimes I can't help myself.
- Laughing at a kid when they cry. Sometimes Fiori is just such a faker you can't help but laugh. She's also been arching her back and throwing herself backwards in a mini tantrum. One time she did this while sitting on the kitchen floor and cracked her head (don't worry, not enough to hurt much). I had to chuckle when the next time it happened, she actually turned part way around and lowered herself backwards using her arm. That girl is nothing if not a fast learner.
- Lamenting our last move as the old house was right across the street from a very good elementary school which at the time seemed like a pain in the ass because of the traffic but now seems like the best location ever.
- Getting genuinely excited when someone takes a dump in the toilet. Whoo hoo.
- Being one of those "my kid is the cutest, coolest person ever" type of moms where every little thing she does is commented on and thought of as video material. I really am amazed though at watching her growing process.
My, how parenthood changes you.
at 9:19 AM
Thursday, March 5, 2009
A new Flip Mino to replace the one that went missing. And it is even in HD now. Suuuweeeet.
Fiori has a myriad of words. She has graduated from Hi to Hello as seen in the video above. She repeats nearly everything but has retained baby, whoa (when she falls down), more, Miles, Casper, Ellie (the dogs), daddy, mommy, bottle, up, down (actually it is more like dup which she uses interchangeably for down or up), uh-oh spaghetti-o (more like uh-oh sket-o), dog, adios, hasta luego and my personal favorite "I'm gonna get you" which she says when she wants us to chase her around the couch and which sounds nothing like I'm gonna get you but we know what she means.
at 1:02 PM